Resources for Ethical Leaders
Supporting Ethical Engagement through Reflection on Community Engagement and Community Outcomes in Global Learning Programs
A crucial part to a successful community engagement experience in global learning is the planning that goes into it. The program director(s) should work with IUPUI and the partner organization to create an ethical and effective partnership that benefits the students and the host community abroad. Quality programs require intensive forethought, management, and attention to the local community dynamics as well as learner preparation.
Below are resources you can use as you develop and implement your global community engagement experience.
- The Ethics of International Engagement & Service Learning (EIESL) Project
- Service Learning Courses Taxonomy - IUPUI
- Study Abroad Taxonomy
- Fair Trade Learning Rubric
- What to Look for in Global Service Learning
- 7 Red Flags - Tips for International Volunteering