Shreve Study Abroad Scholarship
The Shreve Study Abroad Scholarship is offered through the IUPUI Study Abroad Office
Need help funding your study abroad experience? As an undergraduate student, you may be eligible to apply for the Shreve Study Abroad Scholarship of $2,000. The Shreve Study Abroad Scholarship was created in order to support and encourage global learning for IUPUI undergraduate students through participation in an approved study abroad program.
- February 1 for fall, summer, and academic year programs
- October 15 for winter break, spring semester, and summer programs
For more funding options, check out our full list of scholarships and financial aid.Find other scholarships
- IUPUI undergraduate student, full or part-time (IUPUC and IUFW students are not eligible)
- Indiana resident
- Participation in an approved study abroad program (including direct enrollment overseas). Students not participating in a program administered by IU will need to complete a Credit Transfer Agreement through the Study Abroad Office.
- Minimum IU cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Financial need as determined by your FAFSA filing (Preference will be given to students with higher unmet need.)
- The credits earned on the program must count towards the student’s degree (requirements or electives).
- Have not previously received the Shreve Study Abroad Scholarship
Are you a faculty member?
If you will be completing a recommendation form, you will receive the link to the evaluation form once the student has submitted his/her complete application.
Please contact our office if you have any questions.
Recipients will be selected on the basis of merit and motivation. Merit is indicated by the applicant’s faculty recommendation and quality of application. Motivation may be demonstrated through preparation and curiosity about your chosen program topic(s) and location(s).
Preference will be given to students who have never had an opportunity to travel outside of their home country and students not receiving other study abroad scholarships administered by the Office of International Affairs.
Awards are contingent upon acceptance into and participation in the proposed study abroad program. Students who withdraw or are dismissed from the program may need to return all or part of the award.
- Write a reflective letter about the international experience upon completion of the program, to be submitted to the Office of International Affairs
- Participate in one volunteer function to promote the internationalization of the campus, i.e. study abroad fair, presentation to peers, or a similar activity approved by the Office of International Affairs.
- Attend Shreve Scholarship receptions (once scheduled this information will be shared with recipients)
How do I apply?
If you meet the eligibility requirements above, follow the simple steps below to apply!
- Go to One.IU.edu.
- Search for Scholarships.
- Click on the “Scholarships (Blackbaud Award Management)” task and log in with your IU username and password.
- Complete and submit the General Application (if you haven’t already).
- Once you have submitted the General Application, click the Opportunities tab, then click Ours.
- Type “Shreve Study Abroad Scholarship” in the search bar.
- Select the “IUPUI-Shreve Study Abroad Scholarship”.
- Click the Apply button to open the application.
- Complete and submit the Shreve Study Abroad Scholarship application.
- Are the credits earned from the program counting toward your degree (major, minor, or elective credits)?
- Have you previously received the Shreve?
- When are you planning to study abroad?
- Provide a complete breakdown of all the costs related to the program. Include: travel, passport/visa, program fees, etc.
- Describe why you chose this particular study abroad program.
- Describe how this program fits into your personal, professional, and/or academic goals.
- Describe the courses you plan to take abroad: (number of credit hours, course numbers, and course titles, if possible)
- List the degree requirements which will be completed through participation in this program.
- In what ways have you prepared for this program? (language and cultural preparation, coursework taken, relevant extracurricular or volunteer activities, consideration of own cultural identities)
Recommendation FormThis application requires a recommendation from a current or past college instructor (with whom you took a class). Your application is incomplete until your recommendation has been received. Please contact your reference NOW, before they receive this request. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure the recommendation is completed. The Study Abroad office will not follow up with your reference and if your reference is not received prior to the deadline your application will not be considered.