After Your Return
Your time abroad is just the beginning of your life-changing experience
You’ll enjoy the effects of your international experience for the rest of your life. And when you return to IUPUI after study abroad, you have lots of ways to continue to follow your international interests, starting here on campus.
Readjust to American Culture and Reflect on Your Experiences
We encourage you to actively reflect on what you did, saw, and learned and how it applies to your life.
Get Involved On Campus
- Encourage others to study abroad by talking about your experiences. See our Spot page for upcoming events.
- Join another of IUPUI’s internationally oriented student organizations.
- Participate in other international events and programs.
- Live in International House alongside students from around the world.
- Join the Office of International Affairs monthly newsletter to learn more about international activities on campus.
Explore Indy's International Side
Go Abroad Again
- Apply to another study abroad program.
- Apply to the Fulbright U.S. Student Program, which offers grants for study/research projects and English Teaching Assistant Programs.
- Volunteer through the Peace Corps.
- Look for other organizations through which you can teach English, volunteer, or do short-term work abroad.
- North American Language and Culture Assistants Program NALCAP in Spain
Including Your International Experience on Your Resume
Consider an International Degree or Career
You’ll definitely want to list your international experience on your resume. You may even want to pursue a career that has an international focus. Learn about international careers »
Indiana University and the Career Services Council have purchased access to GoinGlobal, which provides country-specific information for domestic students planning to intern or work abroad. After logging in via CAS, students can access "GoinGlobal" career and employment resources under 'Students/Alums.' Visit GoinGlobal resources »