Ethics in Action
Ethical Community Engagement within the IUPUI Community
The Working Group's efforts have already been put into action on the IUPUI campus and in the planning and implementation of community engagement in global experiences. The work below is informed by the working group's case statement.
Work to Date
The working group has developed the following case examples to support reflection on community engagement in global learning experiences and reflection on supporting ethical community engagement in your role.
Program ModelsThis will show examples of how program leaders, students, partner organizations etc. have integrated the principles and work of the Working Group on Ethical Community Engagement in Global Learning into their study abroad programs.
These presentations were led by members of the working group with the goal to support reflection on engagement and support for engagement in global learning experiences.
- Supporting University-wide Institutional Change in Ethical Global Community Engagement
- Building our capacity for relational program planning in GSL: Lessons from an institution - community partner action research project
- Supporting University-wide Institutional Change in Global Health Volunteerism (GSL Summit 5: Notre Dame University, April 16, 2018)
- Considerations for Schools and Units (International Reps Meeting)
Policies and Procedures
- Overseas Study Advsiory Council (OSAC)
- Talking Points for Engaging with Potential Community Engaged Global Learners
- Global Learning Participant Ethical Community Engagement Pledge
- Outside exhibitors at International Festival