Programs with Focuses in Health Science
Programs listed below offer a variety of courses in the health sciences, ranging from public and community health to health policy to traditional health sciences, like biology and chemistry. These programs are designed for students who wish to apply various aspects of health sciences in a different cultural setting.
Spring Break Programs
- British Virgin Islands: Coastal Environments and Sustainability Experiential Field Study (IUPUI)
- Costa Rica: Seeking Sustainable Development and Wellness (IUSB)
- Dominican Republic: Timmy Global Health (IUPUI)
- Nicaragua: Health Systems Around the World (IUPUI)
- UK: Health Systems Around the World (IUPUI)
- Amsterdam and London CIEE Comparative Health Systems (IUB)
- Austria: Vienna—IES Summer Psychology Program (IUB)
- China: Confucius Institute Summer Program (IUPUI)
- Japan: Health Care Professions (IUPUI)
- Panama: Global Medical Brigades at IUPUI (Non-Credit) (IUPUI)
- Botswana: CIEE Community Public Health Summer Program (IUB)
- Chile: IES Health Studies Summer Program (IUB)
- Dominican Republic: Santiago CIEE Community Public Health Summer Program (IUB)
- Rwanda: Public Health Internship (IUPUI)
- Swaziland: Health Science (IUPUI)
- Swaziland: Public Health Internship (IUPUI)
Semester and Academic Year ProgramsHealth-Specific Focus
- Denmark: Copenhagen Semester Program
- South Africa-SIT Community Health Semester Program
- Switzerland-SIT Global Health Semester Program
- UK: London-IES-Health Practice & Policy Semester Program
Looking for something different?
This list above is not exhaustive for programs that could fulfill major credits for your degree. You can consider programs outside your major area of study to fulfill general education and/or elective credits or a semester program with English as the primary language of instruction.
You can also consider a non-IU program through various study abroad program providers or other universities. Read about Non-IU Programs for more information on how to start the application process. If you find a non-IU program that fits your interests, contact our office at least 6 weeks before your departure to ensure credit transfer and to learn more about applying financial aid or scholarships.